Payment Assistance Programs
Western offers several options for customers to request assistance in paying their water and/or wastewater (sewer) bill. Browse through the options below to see which might best suit your needs. You may also call Western's Customer Service team Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., to discuss these options.
- Payment Arrangements
- Low-Income Bill Payment Assistance
- Riverside County Low Income Household Water Assistance Program
Request a payment arrangement.
If you need more time to pay your bill, email Customer Service or call 951.571.7104 before your bill is past due. Our Customer Service team will review your account for payment arrangement eligibility.
Western Water's Customer Service team is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Apply for Western Water's Low-Income Bill Payment Assistance Program.
What is the Low-Income Bill Payment Assistance Program?
Western Water offers bill payment assistance to qualified low-income residential water and wastewater (sewer) customers. Qualified customers can receive up to $150, or the total past due amount due on the bill, whichever is less, once per 12-month period.
To qualify for assistance, you must:
- Currently participate in the CARE program offered by your gas or electric company.
- Have a water or wastewater (sewer) bill that is past due.
To apply, you must:
- Provide a recent copy of a natural gas or electric bill showing participation in the CARE program. The name and service address must match the name and service address on the Western Water bill.
- Complete the form found Low-Income Bill Payment Assistance Form or
- Contact Western Water's Customer Service team at email@example.com or 951.571.7104.
Please allow up to three business days for application processing and posting of assistance to your account. Assistance is subject to funding availability and cannot be used toward payment of a deposit.
See if you qualify for the statewide Low Income Household Water Assistance Program administered by the Community Action Partnership of Riverside County.
What is the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)?
The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a temporary emergency program to help low-income families with assistance on past due water and sewer bills - up to $2,000. LIHWAP is a grant. You do not have to repay it.
To receive assistance, you must:
- Be a Riverside County resident;
- Have an unpaid water or sewer bill; and
- Meet the income guidelines.
How do I apply?
Call the Riverside County Community Action Partnership at 951.955.4900 to request an application or apply online at www.CAPRiverside.org.
To apply, you will need:
- Names of the people in your household;
- Picture ID and social security card of the person applying;
- Last four weeks of income for all household members;
- Water/sewer bill; and
- Proof of citizenship.